Bolton Safeguarding Adults Board (BSAB) has purchased three e-learning training packages on behalf of all its members. The courses are free and available for all levels of staff who work for Bolton Council including external organisations:
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk Under the Care Act 2014
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The package explains and helps improve understanding of:
- safeguarding adults, aimed particularly at new staff or as a refresher
- which adults are at risk
- what different forms of abuse are
- where abuse may occur and who may be the abuser
- when and how to record and report abuse
- practice and procedures all staff must follow
- vulnerability and responding to concerns
The e-learning package is simple to follow use a combination of text, images, quizzes and case studies. It will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to complete each course but it is flexible and you can re-visit the training at your convenience at the same place you exited.
For each package you have to achieve 15/20 in the final assessment to be able to print off a certificate. The other assessments within the package do not count towards your final score and are there to facilitate your learning not to test you.
To access the courses:
- Go to http://www.kwango.com
- Click on the 'Create an account' link (Under the 'User Login' section on the right hand side of the home page)
- Insert your email address (use your work email address or, if you don't have an email address, your first name and surname without any spaces e.g. joebloggs)
- Create a password
- Confirm your password
- You will then be asked to insert an organisational code - to obtain one please contact Vanessa Stoneman on 01204 337367 or via email on email@example.com
- Click on the 'Submit' button
For subsequent visits, simply enter your username and password.
If you have any queries regarding the e-learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org